Wednesday, February 1, 2012

On My Own

My hubby is out of town. He left early this morning, just after I arose. So, here I sit at 10pm with no accountability partner to encourage me to shut down and go to bed. And, worse yet, no one to back up my "Just In Case" alarm in the morning.


To make it more difficult, I'm being tempted,,,, drawn..., coaxed to join the flurry of virtual activity on Facebook surrounding the planning of my 25th High School reunion. I've read through the posts of familiar names, commented here and there and made my own post as well. These names bring me back all the way to kindergarten. Surely it's not a bad thing to re-connect with the pals I romped around with at Field Park. Those who saw me through the Letter People, the multiplication table, my first crush, my first time 'going steady' and the humiliation of reciting the Pledge of Allegiance solo when I was caught chewing gum in Mr. Cordes' class.  


However, I have so greatly enjoyed the sacred space I've created each of the past three mornings, and my desire to visit that place again will be enough to enable me to resist the temptation to reminisce virtually and will motivate me to get out of bed. Maybe even before my "Just In Case" alarm goes off.  

No comments:

Post a Comment